Monday, October 5, 2009

Sun 09/27/09-Sun. 10/02/09

Here's the random quote of the week (I don't remember when it was said, but it wasn't this week!):



Austyn, "Man! My sausage fell in my pants!"-as we were eating our big Sunday breakfast.



Oh and thanks Mike for reminding me about the time that Austyn pulled his pants down, pointed at his testicles and asked what those little ball thingies were. I told him they were his testicles, and his response was, "Oh, they are kind of like grapes!" 
 


Sunday Morning, as we are eating breakfast:

  • Austyn, "I'm kicking my brothers can all over the plate! We will rock and roll!" (chanted/sang to the tune of We Will Rock You) 
Sunday Evening after dinner. We are enjoying some outdoor time:

  • Me, "What is Roscoe eating?"   Austyn, "A stick. It's good for him!"    Me, "No, its not, take it away from him right now."    Austyn, "No way, it's good for him, it has fiber! That's what my brother said."

Monday Morning on the way to school as we pass the church right next door to Taylor's school: 

  • Austyn, "Taylor, does Jesus live at your school?"   Taylor, "No, he lives in outerspace, on top of the clouds, way up there somewhere."    Austyn, "Ooooh, with the alients?" (not aliens)   Taylor, "No! In the clouds, with his family."
Tuesday Afternoon: I'm easing my way into the chair to have lunch with Austyn and Ryleigh. I'm wincing and groaning the whole way down. The entire left side of my body is in complete agony. I must have tweaked a nerve, pulled a muscle, or overstretched after my workout. None-the-less, it hurts like hell to sit, stand up and bend over:
  • Austyn, "What's wrong Mommy?"    Me, "My back hurts really really bad."     Austyn, "Why?"     Me, "Well, because Mommy is old."      Austyn, "Oh, well, we should really buy a new mommy now!"
I wish I had known they had mommies for sell, I would have bought a back-up years ago!! 

Wednesday night as I'm cooking dinner, I told Austyn not to climb on the furniture, and if he did it again he would be in trouble:
  • Taylor, "Yeah, Austyn, you know Mom will see you. She has eyes in the front, back and side to side of her head."      Austyn, "Taylor, you're crazy!"       Taylor, "I'm serious, she even has eyes on her hands, she can always see what's coming!"
 Thursday night, we are having dinner at Chili's to celebrate Taylor's star student of the week award that came with a free meal there:
  • Taylor, "Mom, can you please pass the hens?"     Me, "The what?"     Taylor, "The hens." (as he points to the bottle of ketchup)      Me, "Oh, the ketchup, its Heinz."     Austyn, "Where's the pines? Can I have some pines? I don't see pines!"  
You'd think we were playing a game of telephone!


Friday morning, as I'm slowly, but surely pulling my jeans up over my leg that is in excruciating pain: 
  • Austyn, "What's wrong Mom? Are you getting fat?"      Me, "No!! I am NOT getting fat! My leg hurts, and I'm just trying to avoid making it hurt more." 

No comments:

Post a Comment